Friends are our fave thing about working at Hive. We’re a small team, but everyone brings something new and exciting to the table. We’re looking for a new Mid-Weight Graphic Designer to join us.
Our design team keep themselves busy working on projects big and small for our awesome clients. The work they do is fun, but the team always strive to be professional and are committed to high standards. Innate to a creative mind, they’re always searching for ways to make something better.
As our new designer, among your responsibilities will be:
- Develop advertising and design concepts which adhere to the creative brief and are suitable for client presentation
- Communicate creative recommendations in a clear and compelling manner to internal team
- Supervise the production of advertising and design concepts, including sourcing, briefing and management of external supplier
- Production rollout of artwork in line within established style guides
- Preparation of finished artwork and/or provision of instructions to finished artist which meet the specifications of client and supplier
- Proofing and quality control of your own work and when required proofing standing artwork
- Adhere to and use Hive Creative's systems and processes to ensure work is produced to the highest standards within agreed timeframes
And who will you be? We’re looking for a mid-weight designer - someone who went to uni or TAFE to study design and has around 3-5 years experience, preferably in an agency. If you’ve studied at AWARD School, that’s a bonus too.
There’s a few key skills we’ll be looking for:
- Expertise in Mac OS and Adobe CS suite
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Production design through to finished art
- Conceptual design and idea generation
- Digital Design capability / UX understanding
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effective team working skills
- 2D and or 3D Animation ability looked upon favourably
In addition to this, we want to hear about whatever you’ve got! Got a love for collecting old VHS tapes? Perfect. Spend your spare time building canoes? Amazing. Whatever it is that makes you tick, we want to know about it.
We’re located in South Yarra close to transport, Chapel Street and most conveniently, food. Our open plan studio gets lots of sunshine and not just from our office dog Barnaby, whose favourite thing to do is light up our day.
If you’re a graphic designer looking for a change, introduce yourself! Please send through your resume and a cover letter to our Creative Director David Buttigieg at firstname.lastname@example.org .